Saturday, March 8, 2014

DBGB - Restaurant Week

DBGB Kitchen and Bar, the french brasserie by Chef Daniel Boulud, reminded me of home, Los Angeles. I felt like I could breathe with its spacious seating arrangements and high ceilings. The place was very hip with dark wood undertones and yellow hued lighting. I'd come here if you don't want to be playing footsie with the next table over, an uncomfortable and reoccurring theme for most NYC restaurants.

The lunch prix-fixe menu well reflected the restaurant's sausage, beer, and burger flare. I'd definitely come back here to try the pate and sausages.


For appetizers my friend, Christine, got the butternut squash soup with preserved gooseberries, sage cream, and pumpkin seeds; I got the roasted beets with pistachio crumble, whipped goat yogurts, kumquats, and horseradish.




Kumquats are definitely trendy and "in."

For the main, I got "the Frenchie", a 7 oz beef burger with confit pork belly, arugula, tomato-onion compote, and morbier cheese on a peppered brioche bun with cornichon, mustard, and fries. To be honest, I was expecting much more from the confit pork belly, a more fatty, rich taste, but my tastebuds were met with the familiar taste of salty bacon in a hardened texture. 




Christine got the beer battered cod sandwich with frisée salad, pickled shallots, spicy ranch dressing, and fries.




To all my McD filet-o-fish/uncouth lovers, get this.

As for the dessert, we shared the bittersweet chocolate layer cake with coffee ice cream and the exotic pineapple sundae with candied peanuts, spiced pineapple pieces, lime coulis, coconut rocher, and whipped cream.





Having our own private booth made our experience so much more special and intimate. We were able to freely move and to freely speak with no interruptions. Catching up with this girl is always good feels and fun times. Love you, Christine!



DBGB Kitchen & Bar 299 Bowery, New York, NY 10012 http://www.dbgb.com/nyc/

No comments:

Post a Comment